View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA21st View Post
E-W for LA is developed . So is N-S.
on the 101 in Ventura County? It's strip malls and office parks mostly, fronting the freeway. Not sure where you saw vast farmland of the freeway. Mountains?
Eh, not really. Maybe some smalll stretches. Ventura County has growth boundaries, but on the 101, its all development.
Once you hit Ventura city, you're in suburbia all the way to the Palm springs area, which can also be considered more suburbia. I really dont know what significant
stretches of no development you're referring to.

The mountains and hills you speak of don't interrupt the suburban development. It's north of those freeways. Florida might be longer, but LA has to be at least 160 miles E-w-.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopas ej View Post
The farmland was true maybe 30-35 years ago. Basically from Camarillo through to the city of Ventura, it was mostly agricultural, like strawberry fields, lettuce (or cabbage?) fields, and even some banana groves---actually, the banana trees were in La Conchita, closer to the Santa Barbara County line.

Then the Camarillo Premium Outlets were built some time in the mid or late 90s, maybe? And then development started to boom from there, it seems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA21st View Post
Yea, I've never seen undeveloped stretches on the 101 in my lifetime. The cool thing about Ventura/LA area you can leave the suburbia development behind and venture into a giant mountain range. But the development itself is unbroken.
Speaking of Camarillo, I actually flew into the airport there on a charter about 15 years ago. So it's been a little while... but there was a ton of vast farmland to be seen from the plane. You guys are telling me that all of that agricultural land near Camarillo and Oxnard is now developed?