View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 23, 2014, 8:29 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
I see. Well, let's hope they finally close those cladding gaps. Do you know if residents are already moving in? I know that the hotel is open.
I believe some residents were supposed to move in by the end of the year, so maybe some have.

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2014/10/...ales-at-one57/

Extell rakes in $79M on two big sales at One57
Fashion mogul Silas Chou shells out $56M for full floor unit

October 23, 2014
By E.B. Solomont

Quote:
Two big sales at Extell Development’s One57 hit public records today – totaling $79 million.

The entire 82nd floor closed for $56.1 million, two years after billionaire fashion mogul Silas Chou, who was co-chairman of Michael Kors Inc., reportedly inked a contract for the condo.

At the time, the purchase price was thought to be just over $50 million. Public records show the buyer as Ridgewood 57 Inc. The unit went into contract in February 2012.

The other sale in the building was Unit 55A, which sold for $26 million. The buyer went into contract on the apartment in May 2012, according to public records. The three-bedroom unit, which measures 3,228 square feet, was purchased by an entity listed as Al-Samriyah N.Y. LLC.

The two sales come on the heels of a third, Unit 63B, which closed for $27.13 million on October 9. To date, 38 of the building’s 94 units have been recorded with the city as sold, according to PropertyShark.com.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.