View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 12, 2015, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austlar1 View Post
I know we've had this discussion before (back when the mixed use tower was being considered), but where exactly should the county build a new civil courthouse? Back then the consensus seemed to be that it should be downtown due to proximity to law offices. etc. I suggested that it might be a good development within the county owned office strip located on Airport just southeast of Highland Mall. A 12 to 15 story building would work nicely there and add to the density of the area at least during the daytime. Where do SSP forum members think the county should build their court house?
I like your suggestion, mostly for the accessibility of it. The only advantage I see to putting at the current proposal would be local businesses such as restaurants would benefit from the 12 hours of foot traffic it would generate during its hours of operation. I'm not so much concerned about the height of the structure at that location as I always thought a museum, planetarium, or aquarium would work well there. Many of the museum type attractions in DC are next to parks. That being said, I wish they would have built the Federal Court House at or near the Capitol complex.