View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 3, 2015, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Architect View Post
St B. is worse than I thought.

Qualico did Verve Tache I and II which seemed to sell rather well.

The 3rd one they did Mode Tache is a hard sell. The building is crap and all the windows are sliding patio doors which makes it impossible to place furniture..................and most of them do not have balconies.........and the heat loss! I would hate to pay monthly utility bills........and $600,000.00 for an unfinished condo..................pure insanity.

The new condo building to the South is almost sold out.

Seems like people live there from cradle to grave.

Those condos pretty much have ZERO greenspace. I do not know how they got away with that.

And those new $869,000.00 houses on Hebert Street. INSANE.

That area is still the St. Boniface Ghetto with empty lots, dilapidated houses, city yard on the River and gravel roads.

Looks like Simplicity may have it right where people fight each other and nothing gets done.

At least they are building a new condo building on the old gas station lot on Marion. Looks like no greenspace either.

They will fight to screw up the Bridge Restaurant for decades but just keep them on their side of the bridge. Do not cause problems in the Exchange/Waterfront District.....................please....................just stay put.
wow, bitterness! those condo's don't need greenspace as they live across the street from a park and a river. the other complex Rive Gauche (www.rivegauchecondos.ca/ is 95% sold out. in my opinion, Tache needed mass development and now with 4 condo buildings, Provencher business will start to survive. I do admit I was dissappointed when a small convenience store closed and re-opened as a e-cig shop.

Pointe Hebert sold many lots and many of the homes are $600k, I know I priced some out. Yeah SOME show homes were $750-$900 which is nuts and what is more nuts is that some sold. The area is weird, total ghetto on some streets where people still burn the garbage in oil drums. that will change, soon majority of lots will be sucked up. small lots, but i think the ones buying there are those that don't want condo but still live close to downtown, forks, whittier park, etc. they dont want the maintenance of a large yard and not a 25 minute commute to downtown.

on the subject of Chez Sophie, they're original restaurant has been for sale for over 1 year for a crazy price for a run down small building. I'm assuming they were bleeding from both ends with 2 locations. proof that expansion is not for all.