View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 3, 2015, 2:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerk View Post
Azstar, you just predicted Tucson for the new year of two thousand fifteen (plus).

Btw, Cadence is still ugly. In fact, it got uglier. I wish Tucson would build another downtown (I-10/Kolb) from scratch. The current downtown is just locked with corruption and ugliness . Oh ...that won't happen either.

For those new in this forum, downtown development in Tucson is just another episode in the Twilight Zone.

Happy New year everyone!
I know it's frustrating to not see any fruition to some projects that we had in the past in downtown, however, let's not forget that before we did not have the streetcar. As we all know the streetcar has already provided an incredible amount of investment in downtown we have not seen in a long time. I cannot help but think that downtown's momentum will move forward in 2015 as plans for the Ronstadt Center renovation is in it's planning stages with two bidders, the new Johnny Gibson Market opening soon, as well as the Barraza Aviation Parkway project still in progress ( http://downtownlinks.info/app/upload...ec14-Final.pdf New Photos Update Included).

Something will get built on the Tucson Arena site because if Norville does not come through, Peach Props. will take over. That land along the streetcar is too prime to not let some happen IMO.