View Single Post
Old Posted May 18, 2018, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Hopefully when TV news dies in a few years and CTV doesn't need trucks and vans anymore, TNSE will fill in that parking area with more building. Their offices are already bursting at the seams.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the old bookstore at that corner once construction wraps up. Is it nice inside? Never been.
The former bookstore is not that old by downtown standards, it's an early 80s build IIRC. A very well kept building that was only ever occupied by one tenant.

That said, I am intrigued by Biff's comment. As much as I like the idea of developing that site, it is fairly small... I'm not sure what you could really build there. Could you realistically fit a 10+ storey building on that site?

I always sort of thought TNSE would eventually work out a deal with RWB to acquire their residence and then use that site for TNS phase 3. They could probably then fit RWB's residence into that development or on a site nearby.

EDIT: something like the Edge would be awesome for that site. I really like that building. It would be the one corner in downtown Winnipeg to my knowledge where all 4 buildings on the corner are from this century.