View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 8, 2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja55 View Post
I'm still confused about Market Street. The Paris Inn was at 210 E. Market street. My Great Uncle bought it closed in 1920, opened it in 1924, remodeled it and reopened it in 1930, and due to the city using eminent domain, moved it to the Broadway address in 1950. All the maps show it being on Temple street, but the address shows Market. I can't find any Market Street downtown! I'm confused. Also.........
I've got lots of pics for Andrea of the Paris Inn but I'm not clear on how to post them. Some help please.

welcome to the thread Ninja55!

i had posted these before, but they are certainly relevant now!

Source: LAPL

i believe that is your great uncle conducting the chorus of waiters

in order to post pictures on the thread, they must either be 1st uploaded to a picture hosting site. this forum does not permit direct uploading from an individuals computer.

i use flickr to do this. it's free up tp 200 pictures, and then it's an annual cost of....(i think 35 dollars), if you want to store more than 200 images on the site. there are other sites, but i use flickr.

once the photos are uploaded onto flicker, you right click on the photo and select copy image location. once you have done that, when you are in the reply to thread box here at skyscraperpage, click the yellow box that looks like a mountain range with the sun overhead, (this is the insert image tool), then paste the images url link into the dialog box, select ok, and then once you hit the submit reply button, the image will appear in your post, linked from the photo site where the photo is stored.

to link photos that you find on the internet, you do not need to upload those to a picture sharing site 1st, you only need to right click on the photograph, and select copy image location, and follow the rest of the steps given above.

i can't wait to see some of your pictures!