Old Posted Aug 7, 2008, 12:23 AM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

More on the Bay of Islands Resort:

Quote:
Bay of Islands Resort may be area’s next hot spot

CORNER BROOK
CHRIS QUIGLEY
The Western Star

Greg Penney is trying to sell his home — just not in the classic sense of the phrase.

Penney is an ardent believer in the natural beauty and allure of his native province and is putting his money where his heart is, so to speak, with the impending construction of the Bay of Islands Resort.

The resort will be located on a bluff overlooking Frenchman’s Cove and the Bay of Islands basin that flows out into the Gulf of St. Lawrence, providing a view that is arguably unmatched anywhere else on the island.

“I started thinking about it two years ago,” said Penney, the sole developer. “With the success of the Humber Valley Resort and seeing all the Europeans coming over, I always thought Europeans would definitely be interested in the ocean. The Humber Valley Resort is absolutely beautiful and they’re on a nice river, but I don’t think there’s any comparison to the ocean.

The first phase of the development will feature one condominium building with 18 one, two or three-bedroom units, as well as 14 chalets in the 1,100-1,300 square-foot range. In the next phase, one-acre lots with larger villas will be offered and, hopefully, more condo buildings will be erected.
Entire article here:
http://www.thewesternstar.com/index....d=154333&sc=26