View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 18, 2018, 8:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
Lens and Shutter stores close

Venerable photography chain grew out of a student venture at UBC in 1969

By Glen Korstrom | December 17, 2018

Lens and Shutter moved its Vancouver store to prime real estate at the corner of Granville Street and West Broadway last year |Twitter via @GranvilleStreet

All three stores in the Vancouver photography chain Lens and Shutter have … shuttered, and the owners have not responded to attempts by Business in Vancouver to find out what happened.

The closures have left some customers in the lurch, as one person posted on Reddit in November that Lens and Shutter had shut down and the company still had the person’s film in for processing.

Another customer, @eddycur92503372 on Twitter, tweeted in mid-November that his $211 purchase from Lens and Shutter’s online store did not arrive. Lens and Shutter's website is no longer functioning.

https://biv.com/article/2018/12/lens...ayj7VKwleHHBwI
That's a shame. I liked shopping at there for camera gear, the guy there was fairly knowledgeable and honest as a salesperson.

But the new Granville location was never busy, and the interior was a bit dingy and dark... not an inviting location. I just knew the store from past experience at their old location.

I should have expected that they were in trouble; for one, 3 weeks ago, I wanted to buy a new camera that came out within the last 2 months, and when I went in, although the major camera retailers (Broadway Camera, Henry's and London Drugs) all had it in stock, they didn't and didn't know when they were getting any. Furthermore, they were liquidating their rental cameras and lenses as well.

Oh well. I'll be OK to shop at Henry's instead, as I know one of the sales people inside the store personally.