Thread: Aerial Photos
View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 28, 2015, 2:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
Looks really similar to the above photos of Minneapolis with all the tree-abundant, single family home neighborhoods surrounding a central cluster of skyscrapers. I've never been to Minneapolis, but it looks like it would be similar to Houston in size, scope, and feel. But with a Midwestern edge rather than the distinct Texan/Hispanic vibe Houston has.

All the oil industry stuff is neat.

mystic-view.com

Incidentally, is the above aerial taken from the Williams Tower or from a helicopter? It looks much higher up than the 8 or 900 feet that that building is, but the location looks right from what I recall. I can't tell.
Williams Tower would be more to the west of this location. The photo was probably taken from a plane or helicopter.

When I first saw that Minneapolis photo, I initially thought it was Houston as I glanced at it. If the Houston photo had incorporated the large expanse of neighborhoods to the right of that freeway, the comparison would have been pretty amazing (e.g., the tree-lined streets of West University, Southhampton, Southside Place, Braeswood Place, etc.). I'll see if I can find a view of what I'm talking about.

Last edited by AviationGuy; Jan 28, 2015 at 2:35 AM.