Thread: LEGO Skylines
View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 5, 2015, 2:55 AM
Doctor, The Doctor...Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecoJim View Post
Doctor Octoroc:
Your Philly skyline model is quite impressive. I like how its monochromatic nature allows the observer to concentrate on the form and shapes without any distraction. I see that you have (probably repeatedly) hit the pick-a-brick wall at your local LEGO store!
I certainly did. They don't have much variation unfortunately, so I was only able to get about a dozen of the piece types directly from the stores in my area - mainly the clear 2x1 plates and a few sizes of bricks but the selection is so random I opted to order the majority of pieces from various sellers on bricklink.com rather than making constant trips to see what they had in stock at the time. They change it out every 2 or 3 months and at that rate it would have taken a decade to build if I was depending on them for pieces. I actually started with the Architecture Studio but ran out of certain pieces after a few blocks then hit eBay for some lots that came in handy but once I found Bricklink, that's all I needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
Wow, that Philadelphia model is amazing. Wish I had the time, money and skill to do that.
So do I - I mean, again. I broke the bank on this one haha.