View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 19, 2015, 5:33 PM

Thanks for the tips Ramako. Kensington Market sounds like it would be a cool place. I did a little googleing and it does look like a neat little area of the city. I would have never found that on my own. I've been to Toronto several times before, mainly on in and out business trips. I always thought Yonge was the main drag. From what I'm hearing, that's not really the case. I consider myself an urbanist, so I did try and venture out as much as possible and explore other areas of the city to experience how they feel. Not trying to hijack the thread to discuss my own personal travel experience. Just wanted to add another perspective to the conversation.

Toronto may be an amazing city for residents, but it could use a tad of work making it more inviting to visitors. It's only an hour and a half, $250 round trip from NYC, and just received that positive review in the New York Times. A lot of potential, but I can't honestly recommend it to folks looking to escape for the weekend, at least not to the degenerate alcoholics I work with.