View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 18, 2015, 4:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIA View Post
I spent a lot of time on Yonge. Yorkville (I won't share the nickname I had for this place except to say it wasn't a positive), down to the Air Canada Center. I also rode the streetcar on Gerrard street and walked around at a few of the stops outside downtown. I was also on Yonge in North York.

I got a chuckle out of the underground PATH system. PATH is also the name of a subway system servicing NYC and nearby communities west of the Hudson River, so I was curious.

The days I were they were particularly chilly and didn't explore or walk as much as I usually do when exploring a city.
It sounds like you missed a lot of Toronto's most interesting areas such as the Distillery District, Kensington Market, Entertainment District, Queen West and China Town. To your credit, it's difficult to really appreciate what those neighbourhoods have to offer in the dead of winter when everyone stays indoors, but I'd strongly recommend visiting again the spring or summer before passing judgement on the city.

I agree that it's difficult imagine anyone outside of Canada putting Toronto on their list of cities to visit purely for the sake of tourism (as there aren't too many things about Toronto that are notably unique), but if someone happens to be here for whatever reason, there are loads of things to do.