View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 29, 2016, 9:33 PM

I don't see why the outrage on Earls. I find their food it overpriced and bland for the most part and not something I would go eat. In fact I have not gone there in years. But saying all that we must remember this fact

I believe Earls is moving in this direction probably due to the demands of their consumers. If their customers are demanding this (think A & W has gone this way as well with all their meat products, and McDonalds is going for cage free eggs etc) then they will serve their customer base and they are meeting the demands of the consumer in the cheapest way possible. We in Alberta cannot meet their demands so they are going to where they can.

What we really should be concerned about is that this movement by consumers to more hormone free, anti biotic free etc cattle/ hogs/ chicken has been happening for a while and why is our beef industry in Alberta falling behind. We should get ahead of the game, if this is the way the market is going we need to be ahead not fall behind. I hate to say it but I am sure that there are lots that are upset with the earls decision in Alberta but I am sure they will have more customers heading there for this reason. In fact I have already run into several people (none born and raised Albertans) say they want to go eat at Earls for this reason.