View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 7, 2021, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen Mile View Post
Interestingly I was checking out the numbers for Macomb County, MI traditionally one of the key bellwether counties going back to the days of the Regan Democrats and Biden won the city of Warren the counties largest and the states 3rd by nearly the same percentage that trump won it in 2016 by ~52%. On a similar note Sterling Heights was narrowly won by Trump in 2020 again ~52% when he had a more comfortable margin of about 56-57% in 2016 other large Macomb cities and townships such as Clinton Twp. & Mt Clemens went for Biden if it wasn’t for the rapid growth in the northern twps such as Shelby & Macomb the county would have likely flipped back to Biden.
Southern Macomb County is undergoing rapid demographic transition. Warren, which was like 1% black a few elections ago, is probably 1/3 black or more. Eastpointe is probably majority black. Mt. Clemens, Clinton Township and Sterling Heights are pretty diverse too, though in the case of Sterling Heights, I'm not sure if the Albanians and Iraqis and Lebanese are necessarily Dem. So I suspect some of the Macomb shift is due to demographic changes.

Pretty much all of Macomb County south of Hall Road is rapidly diversifying.