View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 23, 2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan81 View Post
Recently, in a Highrise Construction thread, an individual wrote of his experience in Chicago while photographing a structure. This individual was approached by a security guard from one of the most prominent structures in Chicago, the Aon Building. The security guard informed him that taking pictures of the Aon Building was prohibited due to "Homeland Security Concerns". I have heard of many others with similar stories. I experienced a similar confrontation a couple years ago, being told that I could not photograph a certain structure.

When I was approached, it would have been great to have a response for this security guard, letting him know that I am aware of my rights as a citizen. I have done some searching around and found a couple sources. Probably the best source I have found so far is from an Attourney named Bert P. Krages II. Perhaps the laws have changed since, but here is his publications:

If anybody has anything to add, please do.

Photography is the passion, I was about taking pictures on one public property.. then some security guards said, "Can you please not take any more pictures please? I replied that photos were taken to keep in my gallery not to publish...and he left me without making any problem