View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 24, 2015, 2:58 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
Is it that they're worse for blacks, or worse for everyone?

Plus there is certainly some selection bias. Blacks that are upwardly mobile and have the skills to get a job anywhere are choosing to move to Atlanta, which makes Atlanta look better and the residents remaining in the cities that people are leaving are worse and worse off.

I'm not saying it doesn't offer some improvements (people are moving there for a reason), but I do think it's largely the same story with the Sunbelt for whites with similar incomes. Better weather, lower cost of living, and a demographic that simply doesn't care about many of the things that make many of us on this forum prefer the older industrial cities.
the black middle class leaving rustbelt cities is an order of magnitude worse, it seems, at least in st. louis. is this something that can be tracked? just the physical effect of black middle class residents leaving almost literally inflicts a physical damage on some cities that historians won't be able to get their heads around for a few more generations. black middle class retention should be a top priority in midwestern cities, but that ship is and has sailed.

i cannot emphasize enough how catastrophic this is, and it seems to be rarely discussed in midwestern cities.