View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 14, 2017, 3:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis3000 View Post
I'm the furthest thing from a Trump fan but I see some truth in those statements. I disagree with his approach, and have enormous issues with his disrespect of the press, his brash/rude demeanour, no consideration for factual information or science (Trump does live in his own world). He really does make it up as he goes along. I can't stand how he used minorities and hate to prop up a base to propel him into power. Nobody knows how the next 4 years will play out. I hope much better then my worst fears....

HOWEVER.... the man is no dummy. He knows how to get what he wants and he out played everyone in that election. As much as I do not like him, there is a small element of respect I give him for that. He's not stupid, he's actually very smart with marketing and jumping on an opportunity. I just hope he uses reason when governing.
It seems a pretty safe bet to suggest that the next four years will be tumultuous. Whether that's good or bad (and good/bad for whom) remains to be seen.

Edit: I should have said tumultuous if Trump stays in office for the full term. I'm not sure even that is a given, at this stage.