View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 12, 2016, 8:08 PM

Thanks for identifying my mystery post office, GW. I checked every search result for "post office" in the 1956 CD, but for some reason that one didn't show up, even though the listing is there.

Also, it was great to finally see the inside of the Cinderella Roof, e_r. Thanks. I also enjoyed NCD's follow-up - that Deco fire escape just blends into the building. Speaking of NCD's follow-ups, the 1931 aerial view of the State Building under construction really shows off the wedge-shaped design of the Larronde Block.

-----------------

We've seen Sardi's before on NLA, but I think this Julius Shulman interior shot is new. It's "Job 0106: Sardi's Restaurant (Los Angeles, Calif.), 1940".

The description for this set says "6313 Hollywood Boulevard", which is no surprise, but the other image was obviously taken somewhere else. Unfortunately, this one came with a large black border, so I couldn't zoom in as I usually would, and there's no sign of "Sardi's Wilshire" in the City Directories. It almost looks like a long railroad carriage with streetcar porthole windows on the right. GW, do you know where this was?

Both from Getty Research Institute