View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 23, 2013, 6:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malumot View Post
Thanks, ER, but I am getting sick up and fed about hearing of the Cecil's "sordid" past from historically-ignorant local TV newsreaders.

It's an 85 year old hotel, located in a part of town that for decades has been a bit sketchy, to say the least. Is anyone surprised that among the hundreds of thousands of hotel guests there has been some deliciously noir behavior?

And people are "shocked" about this? Paging Inspector Renault.

Most of you are quite familiar with the wonderful On Bunker Hill.....which devotes I'm guessing half its entries to just this sort of noirish sordidness.

A terrible tragedy for the family (and we are as of yet still unsure how it all came to pass). But to Noirish Los Angeles readers - hardly surprising.

After all - The Noirish reader is far more savvy than the average schmoe

http://www.onbunkerhill.org/
Wholly crap; since I’ve become addicted to this forum and have gone through all the pages I’ve filled up my desk top with so many links to all kinds of interesting sites that have begun to boggle my mind. I can’t even begin to keep track of them, but I’m having too much fun to care. Maybe my interpretation of norish is not in line with many of you and since I’m new here I don’t really understand all the background and thought processes each of you have about certain types of crime and the intrigue behind those that live up to this site. However the mean streets of LA that are plagued by gang violence are indeed a tragic problem, but I don’t see that as being “norish” simply because they have nothing to do with the old Los Angeles and the places and times I remember as a kid growing up – they are just turf wars and all about who’s the strongest. So a mysterious death of a young woman found in a water tank in a seedy hotel in a seedy part of town is not a mean street crime of control, but a true norish example of enticement into the realm of “who-don it” and a perfect excuse to make a B movie. So for those of you who created this forum – my thanks go out for a job well done!