View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 24, 2012, 5:26 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto View Post
An interesting mix of confusing theory and gratuitous name-calling. Maybe it's just me but I didn't follow the agument very well.

I was merely analyzing why it is some of us feel that highway proponents (in particular) maintain a double standard when it comes to other modes of transportation. I found there's a firm philosophical framework for this critique. If you don't like it, tough. If you think it's insulting, well I have this to say: how very Creationist of you.

Quote:
This is why so many previous supporters (including myself) have changed their minds about HSR and the people who run it.
You seem to think I still support CAHSR in its current state? Dream on. I revoked my support for it when you, beta magellan, Clem Tillier, Steve Smith, Alon Levy, and most other technicals did, for the same reasons.

Of those, however, only you revoked your support of HSR on theoretical grounds. It's still needed, and highway expansion is not the answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRCRASH View Post
OMG... Are we really still debating whether High-Speed rail in general is a good investment for California, and not the precise reasons for it's increased costs (grade-sepeation, dedicated ROWs, etc.)?
Unfortunately, it appears some of us need a refresher course on the matter.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Last edited by hammersklavier; Jan 24, 2012 at 5:53 PM.