View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 26, 2020, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
Nice.

Frankfurt has always reminded me of Minneapolis with some reconstructed old buildings added to the mix. I like it.
Keynes, on the next post I'll explore the reconstruction part of Altstadt. In fact, the whole city, including the City Hall were all razed to the ground. So all the main historical buildings were reconstructed right after the war but you can't noticed anymore.

However, there is this two-block area that were delivered two years ago in this new reconstruction wave in Germany. It feels a bit disney-esque, but as it gets older, I believe they will blend with the rest of the old buildings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
Nice pics. I have an 8 hour layover in Frankfurt in early April, do I have time to take the train into the city for some sightseeing before I have to head back to the airport for my return flight to Denver?
BG918, yes, it's possible and you should do it. Just keep in mind Frankfurt Airport is massive, so it takes a while to get around inside it. On the other hand, it's quite close to the city.

Take the S-Bahn to Hauptwache station, the next one after the Frankfurt Hbf (main station). You'll get there in 15 min from the airport. Frankfurt central square (Römer) is just 400m southwards. 2 hours is enough to get around and go the river. Behind the Cathedral (Kaiserdom), there is this typical brewery, and you can taste some of the local cuisine.