View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 5, 2015, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleC View Post
I think so too about KA doing this route. Unfortunately, if BA is doing pretty well on this route with a load factor of.... 80% I think? That's a B. There's obviously not as much traffic into Seoul as there is to London, so a 788 (they only have 1 ordered with the rest being 789s) would not fill up as much. Their a332 can handle that route, although I've looked into it, and I'm not sure if the a330 has the minimum ETOPS to fly such a long route.
As for load factor, yes Incheon has a smaller percentage of people going there as a destination but I feel like a fairly large number of people would go from Austin to Incheon to get to Vietnam, or other parts of South and Southeast Asia similar to how I've seen people go AUS>LHR>DEL, and I could definitely see people using AUS-ICN to get to India as well. A lot of people coming in from China tend to transfer through Incheon as well especially with 22 cities in Mainland China served directly by Korean Air, and if I'm not mistaken ICN serves more Japanese airports than Narita does

As for their fleet, they've got six A330-200HGW planes on order which are specifically designed to compete with the 788, and I'm sure they'd seek a high ETOPS certification.