View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 25, 2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaylordWilshire View Post

I like the statue very much; I think of the efforts of the sculptor.
LOL, if we're talking about the relative artistic merits of the statue, that's an entirely different subject, hard as it is to separate that from the effect of the monument. I imagine some students might think it's a good thing to celebrate the vanquishing of races while other students, Indians in particular (the school publishes it's demographic on its web site), might react with a consternation equal to the expression modeled on the statue. I hope the monument hasn't emboldened anyone to harass the Indian students.

Quote:
I think school uniforms are a very good idea
Still don't agree with you (I'm of the school that thinks respect for the student is the key to education), but I'll defend to the death your right to attempt to get the various laws and policies changed to make your idea come true. Goodness knows I spend enough time in such pursuits, with enough success to keep me at it.

Quote:
Must we?
Don't be silly GW, it was just a recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRyerson View Post
...the little heathens have had to look elsewhere for stationary objects to torment.
I would have thought it was little christians who robbed the monument of it's nose, fingers and toes, but that's just a guess.

Thanks guys for being such good company.