View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 6, 2011, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsjansen View Post
i find it somehow amusing that they even went so far to include a semaphore traffic signal in that first screen cap. hey nothing says Los Angeles 1931 quite like a semaphore..........................but they forgot one dayum thing.......the semaphore.............................sheeeesh

also, if anyone on the production team had bothered to do even the meager-est of research, they would have found out that the building on the south/west corner of hollywood and vine in 1931, would not scream in neon the now all too familiar Broadway Hollywood, it would actually say......................

Source: USC Digital Archive

Dyas went under in 1932, and the sign was not changed until late 32, early 33.

oh, and what the hell is that structure that looks like a facade of the wtc just to the left of the seriously misplaced title guarantee building?

(sigh.............what we could create with 12 bucks a few crazies and a case of beer..................sigh.......)
Thanks for posting again this fantastic photo. A lost world. I'm intrigued by one of the old hillside real-estate signs that I don't recall seeing or hearing of before...It's the sign up near the reservoir (at the far left of the photo) and looks as though it might say "Bryn Mawr."