View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 4:41 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellott View Post
I'm paying $1,300 and I couldnt be in a better location at Studemont and Washington. Typically the rent in Houston is "High" for Houston, but "Cheap" compared to the nation. We natives are sayin "WTF" while newcomers are praisin Jesus
So true. In NJ, try to get something like that in Jersey City (In a decent neighborhood such as the waterfront) or Hoboken will get you crap. My friend pays $1,700 a month for a 450 sq foot shoe box in Hoboken. IDK, I just find that way too small IMO and I guess as someone who lives in a house, its kinda a shocker. Its cheaper to rent a whole house (2000 sq ft or greater than a 2 bedroom in Hoboken. But $1,300 in that neighborhood sounds delightful. Lucky

I'm looking at Dallas currently, as I might consider moving there in the future, and am really surprised on the cost of living versus NJ. So much extra savings could be made. The housing prices are just beautiful. So much house for a fraction of what it would cost in Somerset, Morris, or Hunterdon County in NJ.