View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saybanana View Post
There are millions of empty homes just decaying in small town America and rural America. Not sure why there aren't programs nationwide to relocate homeless to very low cost. Maybe be a small farmer , or other less skilled jobs. Maybe these areas can do job training but have the services that some homeless need.
Not all homeless are addicts and mental cases. But I noticed most homeless end up in the most expensive cities. I dont see how many homeless can survive even with help. Like a homeless in LA would need 2 min wage jobs just to afford a studio. But struggle with other high tax and bills. Always a paycheck from back on the streets.
But if relocation to low cost place, many would have savings. Honolulu, Vegas, SF, Seattle, Portland, are expensive west coast cities with many homeless competing with other homeless for what little there is. Meanwhile the rest of the country outside of big cities have more resources and low cost of living and less competition.
I cant relate but is the reason or one of the reasons why homeless gravitate to expensive cities are that smaller towns and cities just don't want to offer h3lp?
I think you are missing the point. The homeless you see on the streets camping are in large numbers mentally ill and addicted to some sort of ilegal substance. Moving them to a cheaper place is not gonna help them.