View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 23, 2019, 5:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossC View Post
I think that the Town House is a fair guess for the photographer's location. Here's a 1956 aerial with Wilshire at the bottom.
The intersection with the Richfield station is S Virgil and W 6th. The building to the left of the wrought iron is the Shriners Hospital for Children,
and the tall building in the background is the former American Storage Co tower at 3636 Beverly Boulevard.

mil.library.ucsb.edu

All of the small houses seem to have gone, but several of the larger buildings are still standing.
Thanks Hoss

Since I didn't have anything better to do this afternoon , ..I tried to figure out which room the slide was taken (from).

I narrowed it down to the room beneath the red arrow.

gsv

Although the 'wrought' iron has been modernized, only two vertical rows of windows are embellished with the 'wrought' iron in that area of the building.

You can see it more clearly in this view.

google-earth

It can't be one of the other windows on the right because the fire escape is in the way.

Here's the ebay slide again.

There's the iron finial in the foreground...and the 'wrought' iron at the end of the ledge.
I think (hope) the dark overhang is the cornice at the top of the building. (if not, my theory crumbles)

I need a life.