View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 31, 2013, 2:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwize View Post
The location seems close and the stone structure too, though I felt it was smaller, more spooky and had the name Trinity when last I noticed it sometime in the 1980's. Hmmm.
Could be. Maybe an extra 80 years of aging, and some trees around it.
I may have to accept this. Could there have been a name change?
So I did a search for Trinity Church on LAPL and you know what? The building in question apparently changed names (and denominations) and was later on known as Trinity Church, which explains why I had trouble finding shots of this particular building last night.

So without further adieu, I give you Trinity Church at 1201 South Flower Street:

1971, LAPL

And here's the associated blurb: While the church is identified as a Methodist Church, the denomination changed to United Methodist in 1968, three years before this photograph was taken. Originally a church of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South denomination until 1938, this church was closed and merged with Wilshire United Methodist Church in 1980. This structure was demolished in the early 1980s.

I hope this is the answer you're looking for!