View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 19, 2012, 5:59 PM
THAT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pimp View Post
This is sooo exciting for Hyde Park! I'm late to the dance. I would like to know if the high rises will actually be built?
Which high-rise? The Harper Court one might take a while unless they switch to rentals. I'm not sure if City Hyde Park will be built in one phase or if the larger tower will come later, but read on:

http://hpherald.com/

Antheus seeks own TIF for City HP
By Sam Cholke & Lindsay Welbers

On July 9, a committee of Hyde Park residents approved supporting the redevelopment of the Village Shopping Center with property tax dollars through the creation of a new taxing district.

Hyde Park has committed most of its available tax incentives to the redevelopment of Harper Court. To avoid ending up in line behind Harper Court, the developers of the Village Center are proposing creating a new line for taxpayer support — with them at the front.

The Silliman Group is planning to replace the 1531 E. Hyde Park Blvd. shopping center with a $140 million development with a Whole Foods grocery store and 182 apartments. Silliman is hoping to partially close a $25 million hole in the project budget with local property tax revenue by establishing a new tax-increment financing district in Hyde Park.