View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisouthside View Post
Ironically despite being lambasted by the right, California is firing on all cylinders on the one marker Conservatives typically worship the most (economic growth/capitalism!).
It's precisely because of their epic hypocrisy that we need not let them have it both ways going forward. Either a booming economy is to be acknowledged by all as an objectively good thing, indicative of the "goodness" of a state's economic conditions and policies, or it is not.

And if a booming economy is not to be acknowledged by all as an objectively good thing, indicative of the "goodness" of a state's economic conditions and policies, then why should we care what anti-California trolls think about our economic conditions and policies when a slowdown eventually comes, since it's all subjective and cherry-picked to only make the state look bad? No, those who constantly move the goalposts in order to relentlessly paint California in a negative light are operating in bad faith, and trolls operating in bad faith should be treated accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
“Tales of this expansion’s demise are highly exaggerated."

"We don’t see any end to it,” Thornberg said.

I'm taking that with a grain of salt, as I do all predictions, because our economy has always been cyclical and is likely to slow down regularly between booms. That said, I intentionally included that quote because--all rational skepticism aside--this guy is an expert on the topic of San Francisco's economy in a way none of this forum's right-wing kulturkampf trolls will ever be.