View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 7, 2019, 5:39 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnOfVulcan View Post
So, quesiton, I took the 7 to Hudson Yards on Sunday. I know the station is new but we traveled incredibly slow between Times Square and Hudson Yards. This was around 1PM, so do y'all think this was due to heavy train traffic?

I dunno, I figured taking the 7 to Hudson Yards from Times Square would be fast. Could this have been because of trains moving into the actual yards underneath the plazas, parks, and skyscrapers?

Last I was in NYC was 2013 and the 7 was my zippy way into, and out of, Manhattan. Getting to my hotel in LIC via the E was wonderful, very fast; I was just surprised I how the 7 had slowed after the 6 years.

PS: I'm aware that there is a lot of maintenance going on along many lines (I saw a lot of it along the E this past Saturday night).

EDIT: Laguardia Link (while a great idea) sucked...

i notice this about the 7 train too from ts to hy, that its slow for seemingly no reason, but i notice no problems at all with the E train. in fact i just took it end to end back and forth from manhattan to jamaica tuesday and it was excellent.

also, for the record, my spouse is sitting in lga at this moment waiting for her plane to leave. she just took the q70 lga link bus from jackson hts around 11am today and said it was super fast. i've never had a problem with the lga busses either.

then again, i actually liked lga as it was, so.