View Single Post
Old Posted May 15, 2019, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
The Intel proposal was for two buildings. It was originally called Museum Park. The developer acquired all the permits and then sold the land to Intel who then planned their HQ there.

This link below also included one of the renderings for the project that I had saved years back.

http://scherinvest.com/proj_01_ss.html

These are the only two renderings I have saved of the project. I think this first one was the one that the original developers were working on. They don't look the same as the 2nd, which matches more closely to what is in the site plan. It's crazy to me to think that this project is now at least 20 years old.

Scher Investments originally planned a 30-story glass tower that would incorporate a new home for the Austin Museum of Art, thus the name. That was in 2007/2008. A local firm, Aquila Commercial, was marketing it for prelease. The original concept for Museum Tower (pre-Intel) is below and would have been located on the Courthouse block. It was 30 stories but had an extended glass 'crown' so it would look taller.