View Single Post
Old Posted May 29, 2011, 4:30 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome Stranger View Post
I stumbled across this forum more than a month ago...can't remember what I was searching for at the time...and I have slowly been working my way through it all from page one. Today I've finally caught up. What an absolutely amazing set of photos and discussions! Reading a few pages at a time has been the highlight of my day over the past month, and I'm actually a little sad that I've reached the end. I think I'll go back and read it all again. In fact, there are a couple of vintage photos I want to respond to later with updated photos, assuming I can find time to go out and take some photos.

I'm attaching some frame grabs from the decidedly un-noirish 1932 Paramount film "If I Had a Million." Nearly all of the W.C. Fields/Alison Skipworth section was filmed on the streets of Los Angeles. (Fields is seeking vengeance on "road hogs" with a fleet of used cars he's just purchased.) I know this is a long shot, but can anyone identify any of the streets or neighborhoods shown?

The next two photos are from the same shot as the camera pans from left to right. I can't quite make out the street name.

Welcome, Stranger!

According to the book 'Famous Hollywood Locations', Jack Frost Ford was at 750 S LaBrea Avenue. The building was demolished but the buildings across the street remain the same (the book was published in 1993). The location of the car crash was on 8th Street, south of the building. The location is south of Wilshire Blvd, north of Fwy 10, in the Park LaBrea section of LA.

Hey, just down the street from the Daily Planet!

Last edited by MikeD; May 29, 2011 at 6:10 PM.