View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 8, 2012, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfoundlander View Post
Oh no, not bashing - and not even you in particular. But literally no one I've asked thinks anyone on council is pro-development, just indifferent at best.
I think there's a bit of an imbalance between development and heritage on the current council with heritage coming out ahead. Don't get me wrong, I think it's important to have a strong heritage voice but I also think there's a need for more voice in the development department (Danny Breen comes to mind here). I don't think it's a matter of who's the David and Goliath of the two; what does matter is the need to grow the development camp and synergize the two schools of thought. That's when we'll see St. John's really become a unique modern/heritage-style city.

Now developing a theoretical framework to do this, apply it in a practical setting and mixing up political agendas in the bag - It's not going to be an easy task. The upcoming municipal plan can be the catalyst needed to really set the wheels in motion. Let's hope it doesn't become the status quo.