View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 4, 2019, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edale View Post
Why not? If you're barely able to scrape by in California, but you hear you can buy a new car and a fairly big house with a yard in Texas/Georgia/wherever, is it outlandish to think that might represent someone's dream?

Getting 'priced out' isn't something that just happens over night. There are usually years of struggling before someone finally makes the decision to uproot their lives and try to go somewhere else where the dollar stretches a little further.

Listen, I get that a lot of conservatives are out there delighting in the struggles of California. I think a lot of the defensiveness from you and others is a reaction to that kind of BS. Texas, Georgia, Arizona....everywhere has problems. There are many, many reasons that I'd be VERY skeptical about moving to any one of those states, and I do love California and enjoy living here. But just because those people are out there actively cheering for the demise of our state, doesn't mean that there aren't real problems motivating lots of people to leave. If we can't talk about these issues, and talk about them without being totally dismissive of working and middle class people, the problems will only get worse.
Yes, it's exactly why my reaction is the way it is. These conservatives actually cheer on wildfires when they're happening on social media. They hope (pray?) for 8.0 earthquakes.
It's disgusting. I have zero respect for this stuff.
Can you imagine if liberals laughed at Florida's misery with hurricanes and Texas floods?

They're awful people.

I was in Chicago when it seemed like they were celebrating Chicago murders because Obama was in office and he somehow had something to do with it.
I have no idea how those people think.

Last edited by LA21st; Nov 4, 2019 at 8:32 PM.