View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 11:21 PM

re: "c.1914 Family Photo of Ford Touring Car on Vermont and Hollywood, L.A., Calif."

Apparently that large white house we can see in the far background was the home of William Mead, the original developer of Los Feliz, located at 4533 Cockerham Drive. Though almost unrecognizably remodeled, the bones of the house remain standing at the foothill head of Vermont above Los Feliz.

[QUOTE=ethereal_reality;8645836]Here is a fantastic family photograph that was posted on eBay, yesterday.

"c.1914 Family Photo of Ford Touring Car on Vermont and Hollywood, L.A., Calif."

eBay

The seller added this:

"This photo taken by my Grandmother about 1914 of my father (age 3 or 4) next the the family Ford Touring Car parked on Vermont Ave at Hollywood Blvd in front of his dad's store, viewing north on Vermont toward Griffith Park and the Hollywood Hills, Southern California. This and other photos were reprinted by my father in the early 1950s for local newspaper articles on the history of East Hollywood. This image is from one of a few sets of these original gelatin silver images he printed from the original negatives. The photos were taken by my grandparents between 1902 and 1918."

note the large mansion in the hills at the end of the street. (Vermont)