View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 27, 2020, 5:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchild2 View Post
Actually, I lived in Orem and now Lindon while most of Lehi was just farmland. My payroll company chose Lehi because it offered a central location between Utah and SL counties for our clients. Downtown, no matter how ideal a notion to pack all business into a central downtown core, would not have been a good fit for our workers or clients.
I'm from Orem. Grew up there when it still had some undeveloped orchards to play in. Crazy that Orem now has the highest population density for cities in Utah (if I heard right). You have 100K people in ~18 square miles. Nice neighborhoods to stroll, but walkability in Orem is nil. Lived in PG and other areas of UT County and also South SL County - even with our horrid air quality on the Wasatch Front, walkability isn't even a thought in planning and development, sadly.

Live in Marmalade now and we can walk/bike to the Lee's for groceries. Walk to the library. Walk to the barber. Walk to the dry cleaners. Walk to multiple restaurants too (including the best wings in Utah) - all just a couple blocks from home! We're loving the way this old neighborhood is growing and don't miss UT County at all.