View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 21, 2020, 3:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
I haven't seen the renderings, yet, through public channels - meaning, through the city, but hopefully, that changes soon. Then it's game on for posting them. I'm also hoping we get to see the elevations to have good info on the heights. There's a chance it might even be taller than 393 feet. The reason I say that is building heights that are submitted to the city, at least in Austin anyway, tend to omit mechanical penthouses because mechanical penthouses are exempt from height variances. So the stated height sometimes is only to the main roof. If that's the case, then it would almost be guaranteed to be a 400 footer. The Thompson Hotel & Residences ended up being much taller than we thought because of that reason. I remember the first height we were hearing was 273 feet with 19 floors, but as soon as we saw the elevations, they showed it as 314 feet with 20 floors. I don't know that the increase would be that much with this building, but it would probably be enough to put it over 400 feet by a few feet.

Good to know, here's hoping on the 400'+. Speaking of the Thompson, what are your thoughts on the building? There are elements I really like and others not so much (mainly the southside elevation with the huge blank walk and sliver windows).