View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 28, 2020, 6:52 PM

A tropical paradise with great weather and modern architecture: Recife, Brazil

All the following pictures are from the thread "As residencias dos milionários de Recife" and "Recife, modernidade e pujança nordestina by Raul Lopes", both on the main page of SSC Brazil section of the forums.

Recife is one of the largest cities in Brazil and it has a mild tropical coastal climate, with lots of green and beautiful, caribbean like beaches. It was much time ago a dutch colony in Brazil, but later the portuguese took over the place and established there. Over the centuries, portugueses seeking a better place fled their homeland Portugal in Western Europe, togheter with other groups of europeans, to Recife, overcoming the dutch. Their choice over time would pay off, as they thirived in Recife. Recife location is also a magnet for investments, since its not very for from Western Europe or the US.

Interesting facts: the same people who founded Recife would later on establish the New York Stock Exchange and help build Manhattan/NYC. This is one very curious historic episode. Later on in the thred I´ll post pictures of indoor spaces in the city and you´ll see the resemblence that I´m talking about, also with Miami.

First, I will start with Recife´s postcard place, Boa Viagem beach and the neighbourhood around it that has the same name. Caribbean like weather and ocean, coconut trees and modern ,tall and fancy apartment buildings and hotels.

Radisson Hotel

Atlante Plaza Hotel