View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 19, 2012, 8:05 PM
Khurram Parvaz

You know what, I say go for it (even if it's a vision). When the Empire State Building was built, and even to this day it's surrounded by mid-highrises. This will be the same thing. Fifty years from now 1,500-2,000 footers will be crowding the city, doing to the 1,000 footers, what the 1,000 footers do to the 500 footers today. If this picture of the Larkin Building doesn't explain anything, then I don't know what will.

Look around the Larkin Building at Midtown (even though it's from 1926). All tiny buildings being dwarfed by the Larkin. Same thing the Zhongshan Building is doing to Chinatown (in the vision). Whether we like it or not beautiful and ugly (432 Park) megatall buildings will be dwarfing the skyline, and this is the 1,500 to 2,000 range (in Midtown and Downtown). So that means Chinatown, Little Italy, Soho, Noho, Meatpacking Dist etc. will all be getting 500-900 footers. The only problem I have with the Zhongshan Center is it's design, and the fact that if you wanna GO then GO all the way and make it the Worlds Tallest Building, especially since you're getting 5 precious Manhattan blocks.

BTW CONFUCIUS PLAZA. No O in Confucius, and this will look pretty bad behind CONFUCIUS Plaza.