View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 15, 2020, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverranchdrone View Post
We have drones now. We dont need observations decks anymore. lol.
True but it's still cool to see the view from a high height in person.

===

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverranchdrone View Post
Do you have some examples of good views from observation towers? When ever people post photos of city skylines of cities like Seattle or San antonio or Toronto or Tokyo, It is never from the observation tower. Why is that? I am trying to be open minded because I do think it would be a good addition but I do see it as a waste of money and taking up space.
I had the pleasure of working at Salesforce a couple of years ago and I absolutely LOVED working at our top floor when I had the chance. We had a 360 view of all over the city. The only way to get up top is if you or someone you know works there, otherwise you have to schedule a 30 minute tour months ahead.

Here's a video I made a couple of years ago if anyone is interested. I recorded on my phone so sorry if it's bad quality:
Video Link

LA actually has a free observation deck on top of their city hall. They also have SkySpace, which is an attraction, and Spire 73 (a bar) on Wilshire but you need to spend $50 minimum.

Lastly, New York opened their new observatory deck called "Edge" in Hudson Yards mid-March. Something I definitely want to experience next time I go to NY.

===

But honestly, I don't think it's required for Austin to have one but it will definitely be a huge plus in my books. Definitely another thing a tourist or local can do around the city.

I don't believe 6x will be open to the public but it might be a similar situation as Salesforce tower in San Francisco where it's only for employees and their friends and family