View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 2, 2015, 8:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
Positivity, a sense of community and camaraderie. Three good things to have when looking for a city to live in.

What I think HomeInMyShoes is referring to is the list where Regina didn't get a checkmark under "Strong Arts & Sports Community". That was a major flub which would have placed Regina much higher in the list. We absolutely deserve a checkmark there.

I'd also say Moneysense missed out on Healthy Population Growth. Did they not do their research on Saskatchewan's historic influx of population over the past 5 years?
Pro and amateur teams have little to do with the quality of live in a city. Rather insignificant..even the case of the Riders.

Winnipeg didn't get a checkmark for arts either - the largest city that didn't meet Money Sense's criteria. If Winnipeg didn't meet their standard I doubt Regina would either. Measurements used to determine if the city is a strong arts and sports community might possibly be money invested by the municipalities in amateur and pro sports? Both communities might come up wanting.