View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 22, 2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tovangar2 View Post
I asked Jack Feldman over at the Water and Power Museum about this (I thought maybe it was something to do with the reservoir). Here's his reply:

"... With regard to the triangular shaped objects in the Plaza.....it looks like a truss that is used in construction. Around the time of this photo (1869), the water reservoir in the the middle of the Plaza was taken down and the Plaza was reconfigured round with a new fountain installed at its center. These trusses could have something to do with this new construction (just a wild guess)."
Thank you very much tovangar2 for asking for me. This is something we've discussed over at Pueblo Plaza before and the subject of construction forms was explored but in relation to the Pico House's construction as the photo seems to be taken from an elevation that might be consistent with an upper floor that might have been completed by then.

At any rate I'm disappointed in Jack Feldman's answer because it doesn't address the similar objects shown on the map in the same location drawn several years later.
For some reason I can't post this photo but here's the link again to the plaza section of the map:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/95072967@N02/8663075373/

Thanks again for indulging me. That was kind of you and I really appreciate it.