View Single Post
Old Posted May 20, 2005, 3:51 PM
I just ran out of B***sht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art
Dtc for the sheer practicality, although wilshire redline is a close second and whittier redline is sniffing it's ass for third.

I have a DTC kwestion that I has been bugging me: If(and it should be) it is undergound thru downtown where and how will it rise up to at-grade level? First street is way too narrow in LilTokyo all the way to past alameda, which makes this a tight situation. Another liltokyo station will have to also be built on first street just west of alameda if line routes switch one day(ela-expo,blue-pas).

I still wish someone could negotiate that meruelo/sci arc guy to develop that empty lot on first street instead. Since the goldline station is gonna be placed on the edge of that lot, they could save some dough by combining a trench-style station and the buildling undergound parking excavation. But I wonder how nimbyish the temple just east of this lot would be to such a move too.
The only street that could work is running it underground or elevated on Temple and then have it come to grade before Alameda. Then trains could turn North up to Union Station en route to Pasadena/SGV or South to Little Tokyo en route to East LA.