View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 22, 2014, 7:02 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossC View Post
If it's the latest spec (USB 3.0), then there may not be any Vista drivers available. It should still work with on your system, but will not run at full speed (I'd guess that your computer only has USB 2.0 ports, so the new flash drives wouldn't run at full speed even if you installed Windows 7 or 8). I did a quick Google, and didn't find any warnings about using PNY flash drives with Vista.

Put simply: it should work, but don't expect to get the quoted transfer speed.

Some computers are sold with an inadequate amount of memory to keep costs down, and I have seen many occasions where adding memory has made a huge difference. I wouldn't run Vista on less than 2GB of RAM, and 3GB is better (the most common version of Vista is 32-bit, so it won't recognize any more). Having space on your hard drive can also make a big difference to performance - maybe it's time to clear out some old junk!

Having said that, there will always be a day when there's no option other than to replace your old computer.
Thanks Hoss for posting your updated info.
I really learned the hard way by trying to upgrade my old computer. Old computers are really not as sturdy and versatile as newer models are.

Most computer techs will add on memory to your old computer and take your money. If they were honest they would tell you to buy a new computer but of course they need your repair money. As I said before, I learned my lesson the old fashioned hard way.