View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 4:52 AM
Sex Marxist of Notleygrad

And not to keep hammering home on a point a quick search of listings in Edmonton below $150,000 on Realtor.ca is pretty revealing even if someone met your magical threshold for success... A whopping 9 listings on the entire south side between the North Sask to 63 Ave on the south... And that area houses what 115-120,000 people and 9 units are available... I like those odds!

North of the river is slightly better, but only if you go into the traditionally "don't invest" zones which have actually existed in some real estate circles and even had the links posted on here. I'd personally invest in one since I currently live in an area deemed "not worthy" myself... Even then with the same threshold... Central McDougall only has 11 properties for sale under the $150K threshold... Boyle Street about 20...

And before I hear about the "you need to think further out" argument, my current area (Montrose) and adjacent 3 districts that fit on the map which house about 15-20,000 people have a whopping 3 listings! And this is in the toxic belt of East Edmonton where Edmonton's middle class goes to troll for vice...

And Mill Woods? 31 listings...

Seems to be there's more than one problem here... Supply @ nil-ish, Demand @ extreme and a shit-ton of people like me in the young, highly educated but BAF (Broke as F*ck) working class millennials who are post college and don't have $ banked due to school, life, etc. No Daddy Warbucks to buy us a college "investment" condo on the 104th corridor, just the people you* (not anyone in particular on here since it seems I probably wouldn't like most of you if your offline personality matches anything close to the toxic brew of ego and smugness that percolates hourly at this e-Timmy's...) demean, condescend and abuse on a daily basis without so much as a thought... But then again prove me wrong GLADLY!

And for yet another record, why I don't have $10K saved is because while I did for exactly your point, life happened and a family member lost a job and had to borrow money. So there went my carefully executed plan to secure myself a future... Anything else you wanna you, oh wise financial oracles and elders!