View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 19, 2017, 4:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead2 View Post
You just answered your own question... So ignorant of reality...
Go onnnnnnnnn....

Expand. Enlighten me if you think I'm ignorant. I provided numbers to back up my argument. I don't see you doing the same. I also did say there are legitimate reasons (such as having dependents) that make saving difficult.

Also you don't need to send me PM's. I wasn't attacking you. I'm genuinely baffled at the thought that Edmonton could be considered "unaffordable." The numbers don't add up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead2 View Post
Sad to see even on this thread a tone of snarky privilege of racial entitlement... Oh wait, it's what I've seen on here DAILY since 1997... In other breaking news? I predict the sun will rise again tomorrow and Trump will tweet more lunatic shit some of you will lap up like a cat with a saucer of cream... Enjoy your bubble, Katy Perry!
"racial entitlement" >> I'm not white. If that's what you're hinting at. Actually, what is it that you're hinting at? I don't understand.

As far as Trump is concerned, I'm the furthest thing from a Trump supporter. What Trump has to do with this discussion, only you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban recluse View Post
People really need to put themselves in the shoes of others with less means. We all deserve a decent roof over our heads.
I did that. I explicitly stated that there are many circumstances that genuinely stop people from saving as much as they should. Having dependents is the most obvious one.

But I also said that an average 150,000 dollar condo requires only 7,500 dollars in down payment. If you save 2000 dollars a year (a measly 5% savings rate based on a 40k gross income), you will have the required funds to mortgage a place in 4 years. The monthly mortgage payments will be 700 dollars (less than rent).

If we're going to discuss an issue, we need to establish the legitimacy of that issue first. Nowhere is it set in stone that Edmonton has an affordability problem. If an outrageous claim is made, you can't get angry and attack people when you see resistance to the premise of your entire argument (talking about canucklehead2 not you ).

Last edited by Abii; Jul 19, 2017 at 5:48 AM.