View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 9, 2021, 1:32 PM
FYHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
As someone who lived in that neighborhood until 2018, I can tell you the reason for the opposition was the incredible inappropriateness of that project, for that spot. As many others have mentioned above, you couldn't pick a worse spot to put a high-rise. All that "development" you talk about along Bissonnet is old homes being turned into yoga studios and small one-off stores. There aren't any real "developments" along that stretch. For a reason! Small two-lane street, no lights, already crowded with people going into the various subdivisions, it just made no sense.

There are plenty of places to put a building like that, not even a mile away. On streets that can support more traffic.

I'm personally not against development, I was in residential construction and land development for forty years. But we always worked with neighborhoods, not against them. Plus I moved into a high-rise about 2-3 miles away, so in the right spot, density is wonderful.

My .02
Funny enough, a user with this same handle on HAIF had this to contribute this week...

Quote:
I drove by this site yesterday. They were drilling core samples, and there were a few other pieces of construction equipment on site, that I had not noticed before.