View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 15, 2021, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston19514 View Post
You make reasonable points regarding the scale. But you are exaggerating when you claim there is nothing but SFH in all directions. As I believe you acknowledged earlier, Bissonnet has for some time been transitioning from more or less all single family to a mix of uses, including salons, restaurants, Houston Hillel etc, plus it's a short walk to Rice University, a reasonable and pleasant walk to the MFA-H, less than a mile to Hermann Park... FWIW, I walk along Bissonnet pretty regularly. It's a perfectly nice street on which to walk.
You're right about it being close to Rice. I had forgotten about the angles which lead everything to basically converge just a bit east of there. But other than what is directly on Bissonnet, it's a pretty good walk to get into an area that isn't mostly residential...whether townhouses, apartments or SFHs. I still say Bissonnet is, IMO, not a great street for walking, especially when contrasted with the streets and sidewalks in the Montrose/Main/Hermann Park area.

I could actually see a residential tower with retail on Bissonnet anywhere west of Greenbriar. But not between Greenbriar and Montrose.

Last edited by bilbao58; Mar 15, 2021 at 8:04 PM.